Monday, January 14, 2008

KL - HK

I take offence at that as I lived in KL for couple of years and I had a great time. True you didn't find a lady boy in your lap every time you sat down, but that aside I quite like Malaysia. The people are extremely well mannered and educated, they are mainly hard working and they know how to cook a pretty tasty curry. I have to say I have enjoyed many happy afternoons at the races in KL, having a quiet week in the Genting Highland losing my shirt at the Black Jack tables or walking the immaculate beaches of Kauntan.

Now I know that you’ve probably eaten deep fried locust from a street hawker in Thailand, but where’s the fun in that? But then you’re the sort of person who likes to call themselves a ‘traveller’. Personally I don’t really see the difference between ‘travelling’ and going on holiday as they both involve packing and aeroplanes, one has considerably more comfort over the other but thats about it. It’s just that travellers like to see themselves a something different, a little more in tune with the world as if they’re a little bit closer to the natives than the rest of us. Personally I’d rather stay at the five star Shangri-La than some rats infested beach hut just because I want to dance the night away at some poncy full moon party with a bunch of middle class twats.

No comments: